Thursday, June 3, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Wow. I am very much surprised at my reactions when watching this movie. Once again, I re-learn the 'don't judge a book by it's cover' saying. I thought this movie would be a very creepy, terrible movie. I also thought that they completely butchered everything about the book and original movie. No, that is not the case. This movie's time frame really takes place when Alice is a 19 year old girl with many obligations. She has the same dream over and over every single night of Wonderland, a place with talking animals and crazy queens obsessed with red roses and cutting off heads. But after being proposed to by a slightly disturbing guy, Alice runs off to think about it, and falls into a hole after chasing a rabbit wearing clothing and holding a watch. This movie takes her through the Underland, what she had called Wonderland before. I shall not tell you what happens. =) This movie may be slightly disturbing in a few ways, and kinda scary-ish in others. And no, they did not chop up the story or her original dress. This is the continuation of the first movie, and the reason she wears different dresses is because she shrinks and gets big again, over and over. It has Johnny Depp (who, might I add, was a very good Mad-Hatter, and was totally hilarious at times =) ), Mia Wasikowska (a very new, beautiful and amazing actress), Anne Hathaway, and many other amazing actors and actresses directed by Tim Burton. It is rated PG, mainly for scary action scenes and disturbing images, and is 108 minutes long. I very, very much enjoyed this movie, and it is now among my favorites. =)

No comments: