Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear John

Of course you have heard of this beautiful, sad, romantic story by Nicholas Sparks, author of The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and more. Psshhh, who could miss it? ;)  jk So this PG-13 movie is one my friends have talked about forever and a day, and became something I was very much looking forward to seeing. Just last night I was at RedBox and saw that it had come out THE day before, so I didn't even have to think before selecting that movie. x)  The story begins with a soldier in the Army. He is on a 14-day leave, and has gone back to his small, comfy home-town for the time, to spend surfing and just chilling, perhaps getting a couple words out of his coin-collecting, quiet, lonely but happy father. While there, he saves a bag a girl he spotted accidentaly drops in the water, and quickly becomes friends with this relaxed, fun, kind girl. They instantly click, and become lovers within 2 weeks. You probably know what happens, but if you don't, that is fine. You should really watch it. =D There are (I believe, but not positive) some words in this movie, and a scene you should skip, but it is really good. Not saying it's my favorite, or half as good as everyone said it was, but Nicholas did a great job. I love his books. =)

No comments: